Some Effective Home Remedies to Repair Cracked Heels
All those gorgeous ladies who conceal their cracked heels and suffer from the mental agony when the beauty of their feet get ruined can now heave a sigh of relief. There are certain effective cracked heel remedies that can cure the problem. Heels are perhaps the most neglected part of your body. Lack of adequate moisturizing results in the formation of fissures in the heels. These fissures are known as cracked heels. Let us unleash a few tips using which you can get beautiful heels sans fissures.
What Exactly Are Cracked Heels?
This is one of the most common foot disorders. All the women who neglect their care of the feet are likely to develop cracked heels. When the fissures start developing deep inside the dermis of the skin, they may become painful, itchy and sometimes results in bleeding.
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels:
- Take a teaspoonful of boric acid along with a glass of water. Now, dip your heels in the solution for at least 20 minutes. Pat your heels dry and apply Vaseline to the areas affected and finally put on cotton socks before going to bed. The procedure can be repeated till your cracks disappear eventually. If the symptoms still persist, you should visit the doctor.
- Aloe vera grown in your backyard can prove to be a boon for cracked heels as it is a wonderful moisturizer. Cut the freshly grown leaf of aloe-vera and squeeze juice or pulp of it. This can be applied on the cracked heels for quick healing.
- Prepare a mixture of warm glycerin and castor oil. Soak your feet in lukewarm water for half an hour and then apply this mixture on the affected areas. Wrap your feet with polythene and put on socks.
- When the skin of the heels becomes dry and tough, apply red currants to the areas affected. Over time, this treatment softens your heels.
- Tea-mushroom proves to be very beneficial for the fissures of heel. Smear them over the cracked heels and you will get a long-term relief.
- Soaking your feet in baking soda helps a lot. It softens your skin and enhances blood circulation.
- Chamoline tincture is also a good treatment for cracked heels. Soak your feet in the solution of chamoline tincture and warm water. Pat your feet dry, massage the affected areas with glycerine. Doing this on a regular basis can help you to get rid of the dry and scaly skin of the heels.
In short, all it takes is a little care. Prevention is better than cure, they say. So, it is better to keep your heels protected against the damage. Keep your feet clean, moisturized and put on cotton socks always.