Home Remedies For Constipation That Really Work!
Healthy digestive system means a healthy physical self. However, only a few people are blessed with a healthy digestive tract and the most commonly occurring problem is constipation. Let us have a quick look at a few effective home remedies that can cure even chronic constipation.
What is Constipation?
All those who have a hard time passing their bowel, have fewer bowel movements and take too much time to relieve themselves are said to be constipated. If your bowel movement gets restricted due to any disturbance in the digestive tract and you are unable to pass more than three bowels a week, you are constipated. The problem gets alleviated with age. Henceforth, older people are more susceptible.
What Causes Constipation?
Erratic Diet Patterns:
If you are not taking a lot of fibers like: whole grains, vegetables, fresh fruits, you are likely to suffer from constipation. If you consume too much dairy products, desserts and sweets you are likely to suffer from constipation.
In lack of fluids all the accumulated waste in the large intestine dries up, hence you have a hard time in passing your bowels.
If you have a laid back attitude, do not indulge in exercises your muscle contraction that move the bowels down get slower.
There are other factors as well that contribute to constipation like overuse of laxatives, hormonal changes, depression and anxiety, smoking, aging and certain medicines like painkillers and iron tablets.
Home Remedies to Cure Constipation:
- Mix a few drops of castor oil in a glassful of milk and consume it daily before going to sleep. It will ease down your bowel movements when you wake up.
- Drink at least 1 litre of lukewarm water before eating anything in the morning and take a stroll for 15 minutes in the morning.
- An effective Ayurvedic Medicine by the name of “Triphala” is a sure-shot remedy for constipation. A teaspoonful of this powder can be taken either with warm milk or water before you go to sleep.
- Another remedy is to eat at least two guavas with seeds to get relieved.
- Chew your food thoroughly, hurriedly eaten meals can also lead to constipation. Give a gap of at least 4 hours between your meals.
- Spices like coriander, turmeric powder and cumin are of great help.
- Avoid eating fried foods, cauliflower, radish and dried fruits.
- Ginger tea is very effective and helps in regularizing your bowel movements.
- Keep products at bay because casein contained in milk is an insoluble protein and it blocks the intestinal track.
- Take about 12 pieces of raisins and boil them with milk. Bring to cool, eat the raisins and the milk.
Finally, the good old saying prevention is better than cure holds true in the case of constipation also. So, prevent constipation by incorporating a lot of fiber in your diet and by following a healthy lifestyle.