Simple Home Remedies to Curb Indigestion and Vomiting Sensation
Prior to discussing how to curb the symptoms of indigestion, let us first discuss what exactly it is and why it is caused. Indigestion has symptoms like upset stomach, burning sensation in the upper abdomen, belching, bloating and vomiting sensation. It is a commonly occurring disease of the digestive track and most of the people fall victim to it when they eat too much, eat too rapidly or eat junk food containing high calories. Sometimes stress is also responsible.
Some people suffering from indigestion complaint of shortness of breath, sweat, pain in the neck, arm or jaw. If you are suffering from any of the above symptoms, you can get rid of it by using simple yet effective home remedies. Let us have a quick look over these remedies.
Home Remedies for Indigestion:
- Whenever you have nauseating feeling, take a glassful of orange juice or the whole fruit. Enriched with vitamin C, oranges give you an immediate respite. It relaxes your digestive organs and prove to be an effective home remedy.
- Ground cardamom (elachi) seed and mix it with the extract of cloves, ginger and coriander and take a teaspoonful of it to get relieved.
- Just take a teaspoonful of celery seeds (ajwain) with rock salt (kaala namak) and consume it for a sure shot respite from stomach aches.
- If you want a long term relief from indigestion, just add 2-3 drops of mint essence and drink the essence in every 3-4 hours.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice in a glassful of lukewarm water and drink it before the meals.
- Peppermint is one of the best home remedies. Those who suffer from heart-burn should drink peppermint tea.
- Prepare a blend of 5-6 chopped basil (tulsi leaves), one-fourth tablespoonful of sea salt, a pinch of black pepper along with 3 tbsp of yoghurt. Eat this mixture at least 3-4 times a day for getting rid of stomach issues.
- Drink a tablespoonful of baking powder solution for an instant relief.
- Herbal teas like mint, raspberry and blackberry are helpful in removing indigestion.
- Mix 3-4 drops of mustard oil with asafetida (hing) and massage it all over your stomach. This will relieve you from stomach ache.
Important to Remember:
The above given home remedies are effective and can be made use of in case of emergency situations, but if the symptoms persist, you must rush to the doctor.